Cost of Attendance
Your Cost of Attendance for the upcoming academic year represents the expected amount it will cost you to attend the UAMS College of Medicine; and therefore also represents the maximum amount of financial aid you can receive from all sources (including educational loans and scholarships from outside sources).
|FY 2022-2023 Tuition/Fee||Resident (per semester)||Non-resident (per semester)|
|Freshman White Coat Ceremony Fee (one-time)||$25||$25|
|Application Fee (one-time) (1)||$100||$100|
|Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) Processing Fee (1)||$100||$100|
|Mandatory Study Materials Fee (per semester) (2)||$238||$238|
* The following fees were included within the COM tuition rates starting Fall of 2017: Disability Insurance ($26/sem), Malpractice Insurance ($188/sem), Standardized Patient Fee (increased to $170/sem) and Curriculum Assessment Monitoring Fee (Exam Software) ($35/sem). Total = $419/semester; $838/year
- In addition to non-degree seekers, a one-time application fee will be charged to all College of Medicine applicants.
- In Fall 2019, the College of Medicine instituted a fee to students during their M1 and M2 years for mandatory course study materials. These materials are provided to students at a reduced institutional rate. In FY23, the fee is extended to include M3 and M4 students.
Mandatory Fees for All UAMS Students
|FY 2022-2023 Institutional Fees (all colleges)|
|Student Health Fee (Fall/Spring) 1||$145|
|Student Transportation Fee (per semester) 2||$78|
|Technology Fee (Fall/Spring) 3||$118|
|University Services Fee (Fall/Spring) 4||$476|
|Student Activity Fee (Fall/Spring) 5||$25|
|Standard Continuing Registration Fee (per semester) 6||$250|
|Late Payment Fee (twice per semester)||$50|
|Diploma Replacement Fee (per request)||$25|
|Transcript Fee (per request)||$10|
|Emergency Student Loan Fee (per request)||$10|
|Payment Plan Fee (per semester as requested)||$35|
|Payment Plan Late Fee (per occurrence)||$50|
- The Student Health Fee is not charged to students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs and is not charged for the summer semester.
- The Student Transportation fee is not charged to students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs. For each term, students enrolled in programs on the Northwest campus will not be charged. Summer session rate is $39.
- The UAMS Technology Fee is charged to all students with the exception of students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs. They are charged one-half of the standard rate. This fee is not charged for the summer semester.
- The University Services Fee is not charged to undergraduate students taking less than 6 hours and Graduate students taking less than 5 hours. The fee is not charged for the summer semester. Students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs will be charged one-half of the standard rate.
- The Student Activity fee is not charged to students enrolled in approved, UAMS-designated 100% online programs. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- The Standard Continuing Registration Fee is charged to students actively engaged in a UAMS degree program but not enrolled in credit-bearing courses/activities, are preparing to fulfill graduation requirements and/or awaiting completion of final licensure tests.