Cost of Programs
View the College of Health Professions programs and the cost associated with them.
Tuition and Fees
|FY 2022-2023 Tuition Charges|
|Resident (per hour)||$260|
|Non-Resident (per hour)||$595|
|Medical Laboratory Sciences, Resident (per hour)||$250|
|Medical Laboratory Sciences, Non-Resident (per hour)||$572|
|Graduate Resident (per hour)||$386|
|Graduate Non-Resident (per hour)||$835|
|Physician Assistant, Resident Master’s Program (annual rate of $20,001 charged over three semesters – summer, fall and spring)*||$6,667|
|Physician Assistant, Non-Resident Master’s Program (annual rate of $31,500 charged over three semesters – summer, fall and spring)*||$10,500|
|Physical Therapy, Resident Doctoral Program (flat rate of $20,000 charged over two semesters – fall and spring)**||$10,000|
|Physical Therapy, Non-Resident Doctoral Program (flat rate of $30,000 charged over two semesters – fall and spring)**||$15,000|
* This tuition is an annual rate that remains the same throughout each academic year. Students will be charged a flat rate per semester that will remain the same for three semesters (summer, fall and spring). The Bursar’s Office divides the annual rate by 3, so the tuition is calculated evenly across the terms. Any increase in tuition will be effective May 2023 or the date of the next incoming class.
** This tuition is an annual rate that remains the same throughout each academic year. A flat rate per semester (fall and spring) of $10,000 for in-state and $15,000 for out-of-state.
|FY 2022-2023 Fees|
|Laboratory Fee (per credit hour of enrollment) (1)||$10|
|Laboratory Fee, Physical Therapy (per semester) (1)||$125|
|Laboratory Fee, Physician Assistant Studies (per semester) (1)||$225|
|Student Liability Insurance Fee (per sem) (2)||$13|
|Malpractice Insurance Fee (per yr) Physician Asst Program (2)||$150|
|Malpractice Insurance Fee (per yr) Physical Therapy Program (2)||$40|
|Standardized Patient Fee 3 Tiers (3)|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 1 (Summer only) Dietetics/Nutrition (3)||$125|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 2 (per sem) Phys Thrpy/Phys Asst Studies (3)||$85|
|Standardized Patient Fee-Tier 3 (per sem) Audio/Speech Pathology (3)||$50|
|Diagnostic Equipment Purchase Fee, PA Prog.-1st term-One time charge||$1200|
|Diagnostic Equipment Purchase Fee, AUD Prog.-1st term-One time charge (4)||$500|
|Dental Hygiene Instrumentation Fee (per semester)||$425|
|Registry Exam Fee (5)||$390|
|Credit By Examination Fee (6)||1/2 a semester credit hour fee|
|Enrollment Deposit – Physician Assistant Program (7)||$500|
|Enrollment Deposit – Physical Therapy Program (7)||$500|
|Enrollment Deposit – all other graduate programs (7)||$60|
- Laboratory fees in the College of Health Professions are set on a credit hour of enrollment basis with the following exceptions: (a) Physical Therapy charges a $125 lab fee during the fall and spring terms. (b) Physician Assistant Studies charges a laboratory fee of $225 for summer, fall and spring terms.
- The Student Liability Insurance in the College of Health Professions covers students in a wide range of programs. The higher liability for students in the physical therapy program is reflected in their Malpractice Insurance fees. Students in Physician Assistant Studies will not be charged for malpractice coverage.
- The College of Health Professions sets the Standardized Patient Fee amount based on required usage of standardized patients. The Dietetics and Nutrition fee is moving from spring to summer as the programs shift from a certificate program to a Masters program.
- Starting in FY23, the Audiology program will order Otoscopes for first year students as part of their needed equipment.
- The Respiratory Therapy ‘voucher’ fee provides funding to the student when it is time to sit for his/her registry exams while still in school. With the voucher, the student would only need to enter a code in order to sit for their exam.
- The Credit by Examination fee would apply to College of Health Professions courses for which a student demonstrates competency or equivalency in the subject matter. This would be similar to a CLEP exam. The fee for Credit by Examination would be 1/2 the per credit hour rate of the course in which the student is seeking credit.
- Although not a fee, this deposit is due upon acceptance, as a reservation of enrollment prior to actual registration. It is non-refundable but will be applied to the first semester tuition if the applicant enrolls within a year.
Mandatory Fees for all UAMS Students
|FY 2022-2023 Institutional Fees (all colleges)|
|Student Health Fee (Fall/Spring) 1||$145|
|Student Transportation Fee (per semester) 2||$78|
|Technology Fee (Fall/Spring) 3||$118|
|University Services Fee (Fall/Spring) 4||$476|
|Student Activity Fee (Fall/Spring) 5||$25|
|Standard Continuing Registration Fee (per semester) 6||$250|
|Late Payment Fee (twice per semester)||$50|
|Diploma Replacement Fee (per request)||$25|
|Transcript Fee (per request)||$10|
|Emergency Student Loan Fee (per request)||$10|
|Payment Plan Fee (per semester as requested)||$35|
|Payment Plan Late Fee (per occurrence)||$50|
- The Student Health Fee is not charged to students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs and is not charged for the summer semester.
- The Student Transportation fee is not charged to students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs. For each term, students enrolled in programs on the Northwest campus will not be charged. Summer session rate is $39.
- The UAMS Technology Fee is charged to all students with the exception of students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs. They are charged one-half of the standard rate. This fee is not charged for the summer semester.
- The University Services Fee is not charged to undergraduate students taking less than 6 hours and Graduate students taking less than 5 hours. The fee is not charged for the summer semester. Students enrolled in UAMS-designated 100% online programs will be charged one-half of the standard rate.
- The Student Activity fee is not charged to students enrolled in approved, UAMS-designated 100% online programs. It is not charged for the summer semester.
- The Standard Continuing Registration Fee is charged to students actively engaged in a UAMS degree program but not enrolled in credit-bearing courses/activities, are preparing to fulfill graduation requirements and/or awaiting completion of final licensure tests.