The UAMS 60+ Tuition and Fees Waiver is established in order to:
- Help defray rising educational costs for UAMS students who are aged 60 and older.
- Meet State of Arkansas and University of Arkansas guidelines requiring a tuition waiver for older Arkansans.
UAMS will waive tuition and fees for an Arkansas resident aged 60 years and older who meets all academic and admissions requirements for the program to which he/she applied, is accepted into the program. The tuition and fees waiver is good for one semester, but can be renewed as long as the student meets continued eligibility.
Eligibility to Apply
- Classified as an Arkansas resident per the UAMS residency status policy.
- Aged 60 or older as indicated on a legal form of documentation, such as driver’s license or birth certificate. A student who turns 60 or older while in a program may apply for the tuition waiver to take effect the following term, but all conditions apply. Tuition and fees will not be waived retroactively.
- Continuing students must be in good academic standing as defined by their academic departments/colleges.