Requesting Summer Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office automatically awards financial aid for the Fall and/or Spring term(s) only. If you are interested in Summer financial aid you will need to complete and return the Summer Aid Request form. Financial aid in the summer term may be limited. If it is determined that you have remaining eligibility, your aid will be processed and an award notification will be sent to your UAMS email. Below you will find important information regarding your summer aid request:
- You must be a certificate or degree-seeking student and UAMS must have your FAFSA on file.
- Summer requests should be submitted no earlier than March 1st of each year for the following summer term. Summer applications prior to March 1st will not be processed and will be returned.
- Submitting a summer aid request does not guarantee eligibility for summer financial aid. Our office will contact you if you are not eligible for summer aid.
- The Federal Pell Grant will be awarded once you have enrolled for the Summer term but not prior to March 1st. You do not need to complete this form if you are only interested in the Federal Pell Grant. The Federal Pell Grant is automatically awarded and accepted on the student’s behalf. You will receive an award notification email once your Pell Grant has been added to your financial aid account.
- You will be required to accept, reduce or decline any offered student loans on the GUS student portal. If you received your annual Subsidized and Unsubsidized loan limit during the Fall and/or Spring term, you are NOT eligible for any Direct Stafford Loan funds for the Summer term. Funds that may be available include the Graduate PLUS loan for graduate/professional students and the Parent PLUS loan for dependent undergraduate students. All students may consider private loan funds through a lender of your choice.
- Students must meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be eligible.
- The final deadline to submit a FAFSA is June 30th.