There are a number of standard Tuition Discounts, Waivers and Residency Exceptions available to UAMS students. Many require an application and approval prior to the beginning of any term for which they are applied. Please contact your Admissions officer or Academic Adviser for applicability.
Full-time employees (defined as those working 100%), their spouses, and their dependent children are eligible to receive a tuition discount at any of the University of Arkansas campuses: the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, the University of Arkansas at Monticello and the community colleges in Helena, Batesville, Hope, Morrilton, Fort Smith and DeQueen.
Spouses and dependent children may take up to 132 undergraduate semester credit hours and receive a 50% tuition discount at the employee’s campus or 40% tuition discount at any other campus within the University of Arkansas. A student may not receive discounts as both an employee and as a spouse or dependent child of an employee.
* To be eligible to receive an Employee Tuition Discount:
- The employee must complete and submit the Online Tuition Discount Form no later than the last day of Regular Registration as published by the Office of the University Registrar; AND
- The supervisor must approve the request within 30 calendar days from the last day of the Regular Registration. It is the employee’s responsibility to follow-up with his/her supervisor to ensure that the request is approved within the timeframe specified.
- Border County Tuition Waiver
- Age 60+ Tuition and Fees Waiver
- Tuition Waiver for Dependants of Disabled Veterans, Prisoners of War or Persons Missing or Killed in Action
- Non-Resident Academic Residency Exception
- Veteran Non-Resident Residency Exception
- Active Duty Military and Military Spouses and Dependent Residency Exception
- Non-Resident Diversity Residency Exception
- Out of state Residency Exception for the the Regulatory Sciences Graduate Certificate Program
- Non-Resident Tuition for Native Americans Residency Exception
- Employee and Spouse/Dependent Residency Exception
- Graduate Assistant, Master Lecturer, Graduate Fellows and Graduate Interns Residency Exception
If you feel you may qualify for one or more of these standard discounts, waivers, or residency exceptions or have any questions contact the bursars office at:
Administration West Building
4301 West Markham St., Slot 758
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone: (501) 686-6128
Fax: (501) 686-8798