A Student Financial Services, SFS, professional at UAMS is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of his or her responsibilities. ASFS professional should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Display required consumer information on Student Financial Services website which can be easily identified, found and labeled as “Consumer Information”.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of the Student Financial Services Office.
- SFS professionals will disclose to UAMS any involvement, interest in or potential conflict of interest with any entity with which UAMS has a business relationship.
In addition to the items above, as a member of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA), the University also follows the standards established in NASFAA’s Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals.