A Recognition Program to acknowledge faculty who engage in a series of experiences to strengthen their teaching effectiveness.
The goals for this program are:
- To guide faculty members through a structured professional development process,
- To encourage growth in teaching effectiveness, and
- To provide a campus-wide distinction of commitment to teaching excellence
Faculty members who earn 20 or more credits will be recognized as having successfully completed the program.
Participate in at least one required component (may complete more than one if desired):
- Instructional consultation (2 credits) OR
- Instructional observation (2 credits) or, together with a course revision (4 credits)
Select from the following options to earn the remaining credits:
- Learning community/Book club participation (3 credits per semester for attending and 6 credits for facilitating)
- Teaching Workshop (1 credit each for attending and 2 credit each for presenting)
- Author a blog post sharing effective teaching pedagogy (2 credit)
- Author a book review blog post regarding teaching (2 credit)
To request Participation in the Recognition Program, please complete the Registration Form.