New Faculty Development
Foundations of Teaching Workshops
Workshops and activities designed to assess, train, and guide, novice teaching faculty in the foundational of teaching and instructional design.
- Workshops offer direct instruction and guided activities to help novice faculty learn the foundational of teaching and learning.
- Consultations are meetings with a teaching specialist or master teacher to work on specific elements related to teaching and learning.
- Formative observations of teaching help new faculty understand principles of teaching and learning, encourage reflection and aid in the development of their pedagogical skills.
Faculty Continuing Education
Intermediate and Advanced Teaching Workshops
Activities designed to help more experienced faculty hone their teaching and learn new instructional methods, materials, assessment strategies, and technology tools.
- Workshops offer direct instruction and guided activities to help faculty learn and implement innovative teaching methods, materials, assessment strategies, and technology.
- Consultations are meetings with a teaching specialist or master teacher to get help in implementing new methods, materials, assessment strategies, or technology into class instruction.
- Teaching observations offer faculty an opportunity for formative observation of their teaching, encouraging reflection, improvement, and gathering evidence of their growth and development as instructors.