Use the weekend to reinforce what you studied over the week.
- Clarify and connect information that you missed.
- When using supplemental resources to clarify the material, limit the number of your resources to those that work best for you.
- Improve organization of material.
- Review material by using recall technique, creating your own questions, and answering practice questions.
- Create your own questions. Learn more about self-questioning by reading, How Do You Know that You Know.
- Answer practice questions, and restudy what you missed.
- Instructors might provide practice questions at the end of lectures, or you can find them in your textbooks or review books.
- You can review material in a study group or with a classmate.
- Quiz each other and teach others. Explaining concepts, finding examples, asking and answering questions will help you to learn more effectively than just reading and highlighting the text.
Learn more about the Memory Information Processing Approach.
©UAMS Student Success Center/ Vuk, J. M.D., Ph.D. July/2015