Become one of our highly trained and motivated medical practitioners!
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is the leading academic medical teaching facility in the state of Arkansas.
UAMS graduates are skilled specialists in virtually every field of medicine – including nurses, paramedics, surgeons, pharmacists, medical technicians – and leading researchers in the field of public health.
Nearly 80% of UAMS graduates remain in the state to serve the health care needs of Arkansans.
Why YOU should be a UAMS Graduate
- Experiential learning environment
- Low faculty-to-student ratio
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (programs also individually accredited by their respective licensing organizations)
- Award-winning researchers and faculty
- Online and distance education options available for many programs
- Employee-tuition discount
- Superior collegiate and professional teams (Arkansas Travelers, University of Arkansas Razorbacks, University of Arkansas Little Rock Trojans)
- Post-graduation employment opportunities