Resources for Veterans at UAMS
UAMS is committed to facilitating the transition of veterans from military to university life and providing continuous support to their ongoing academic success. Below are links to offices and services on campus:
- The Office of the Registrar can help you apply for Veteran’s Benefits, complete certifications and answer questions related to benefits.
- Student Success Center provides assistance with peer tutoring and coaching; writing skills, and technical support for mobile devices and laptops.
- ADA / Disability Services assists students with disabilities and evaluates all requests for academic adjustments and accommodations needed for equal access to coursework, facilities, programs, and extra-curricular activities.
- Student Wellness Program is a service created to provide confidential consultative and/or mental health treatment for students enrolled in any of UAMS’ colleges. The purpose of this service is to provide the necessary tools for students to achieve their fullest potential.
- Student Health Clinic (SHC) provides UAMS students with treatment of acute illnesses, wellness, and health promotion services and continual health education.
- Campus Life and Student Support Services oversees the student government association, intramural sports, campus housing, and intercollegiate activities.
Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty
Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
Chapter 35 Survivors and Dependents Benefits
Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill / Selected Reserves
Chapter 1607 Reserves Education Assistance Program